Property News – Landlords Energy Savings Allowance
100% tax allowance for improvements in energy efficiency
As an incentive for private residential landlords to consider the energy efficiency in their rental property, there is now available a 100% tax allowance for improvements of this nature.
If you are a private residential landlord why not take advantage of this tax allowance and make a step to being more energy efficient?
The claim covers draft proofing as well as insulation for:
- Cavity walls
- Solid walls
- Hot water supply
The tax allowance is:
- For energy efficiency expenditure up to £1,500 per tax year.
- Per rented dwelling, not just per building. Good for flat owners with more than one flat in the same building!
- Available for residential rental properties only NOT commercial or furnished holiday lets.
- Available when the investment into energy efficiency is made BEFORE 1 April 15 for corporate landlords and BEFORE 6 April 2015 for individual landlords.
- Not available if rent-a-room relief is being claimed already.
The Landlords Energy Saving Allowance is entirely different to the Annual Investment Allowance and both can be claimed.
For more information on how you can claim your Landlords Energy Saving Allowance please contact one of our experienced team who deal with questions on Property Tax every day. Call us on: 020 7376 9333